Monday, December 20, 2010

Graduated to the second trimester now :)

So, updates, updates. The cardiologist was really great. She wants me on a no-salt diet to try and control the HBP. Um, considering I'm already gluten and sugar free, um, that's really hard. What the heck am I supposed to eat? But I do like the fact that she wanted to try and avoid meds and try diet first. I like that. And my heart looks good, it's just retaining water due to the prednisone. Ideally I would be off the pred, but considering that is one of the key factors in why I've made it this far, um, no. And she understands. So then I went to my MFM and he put me on a blood pressure med. And he was not happy about me being on pred. Which again, people, I understand, I don't particularly like the nasty drug either, but hello, no meds=3 m/c's, this pregnancy=second trimester. It seems to be working.
And then I had another US on friday and everything was good. I'm a little concerned because the HB's were high (180 BPM), but the guy (yes, guy) was kind of a doof and even needed to check with the radiologist to make sure he got enough info. The good US techs never need to check. And they give me a CD :)
And another little discerning issue is um, discharge related. It is very much more increased. Which yes, I know is normal, but nothing that changes is normal to a RPLer. Loss changes you. You can never be the normal pregnant lady again. You worry, all the time, about everything. And then when you aren't worried, you worry about why you aren't worried. Oh yeah, loss sucks. So my biggest concern is that it's some nasty infection. Which I've looked up and it could be, but due to my Lyme disease, I'm already on the recommended antibiotics for. So I should be covered. So my next theory is that it's increased blood flow, due to the decreased BP, and that I am a normal pregnant lady experiencing normal leukorrhea. Go figure.
US tomorrow-I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the appointments went well!! Congratulations on the 2nd trimester!! :)

    ReplyDelete