Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Early Merry Christmas to me.

So yesterday was another great US. Both babies are starting to get cramped in their little sacks, and they move around so much it is hard to get good pictures anymore. But both are good. Measured at 12W2D, HB 150 & 156. Pretty much perfect. I guess I was right, that US tech at the hospital didn't know what he was doing when he said the HB's were 180. I guess they could have been, but it doesn't matter. Then the not so good news, though. My NK numbers were too high and my TH ratios were way off. So they asked me to stay for a 2 1/2 hour double dose Ivig infusion. I had just gotten my infusions covered through a local hospital, and my son was with us because schools out. So we had left at 9:30 and didn't get home until late. Very late. But it's OK, as the babies are protected now. Hopefully the Ivig is busy soaking up all those nasty NK cells.

You know, to anyone who doubts the immune system having a role in RPL, look at me. That's one reason I started this blog. Sure, it's not the answer for everyone, but for younger women with autoimmune issues who don't have egg/ovulation issues, it is so the answer. And if you look hard enough for answers and leave no stone unturned, you will find answers. Sure, they might be expensive and controversal, but what do you have to lose? I wasn't willing to lose anymore. I've lost enough.

1 comment:

  1. Amen to your statement...I get so frustrated when I hear fellow infertiles believe their Dr's that immune issues dont really hold ground for miscarriages or implantation issue...because they do and I know in 5yrs these treatments wont be so hush hush and everyone will be more open to it..Im sure IVF wasnt always so common and seen not being favorable but now it is so common:)

    I havent posted this yet but I got a dose of IVIG today...Gamma Guard approved a final dose..I am just so relieved and happy:) I go back to Dr. Kwaks next Tue for US with Nadia

    Have a wonderful x-mas!!!

    ReplyDelete