Monday, March 7, 2011

Seriously...blood...seriously?!?!

So last night I noticed a tiny spot of blood on the TP. I thought I was past this. I want to be past this. I was also diagnosed with a stupid yeast infection (which I know is super common) last week, so after panicking about using the category "C" medicine and debating about whether or not I would risk sticking something in "there" (which is way too risky for me to fathom), I did it. And apple and banana were fine. They are actually still fine with the blood from last night-as movement is still good. Hi babies!

But then I got to thinking-blood doesn't have no reason. It went away, but it was there. So then I had convinced myself that I had bacterial vaginosis. And that is something you don't want to google. Seriously. Increased risk for premature labor, low birth weight, and second trimester MISCARRIAGE! Seriously!?!? I do not need that kind of scare. The good news is that I had called my doc to find out how they knew about the yeast and she said they ran the full panel of infections, so no, I do not have BV. I'll feel better when I actually talk to the dr tomorrow about it, versus hearing it from the not-so-nice nurse, but for now I'm 80% better.

It's so weird to read the blogs of IF's who are recently pregnant. You think, poor them, they are at the height of their worry. And it's true, I was more worried then, earlier in the pregnancy. But it never goes away. Ever. It might get a little better, but it's also a little worse because there's more to lose. Not to saw my babies are any better than 6 week old babies, but I've come so far. Things are going well. I'm at 23 weeks. That's amazing. I guess it's the same old story, just a different chapter.

Now, prayers for no more blood!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for no more blood!!

    I know, the worry doesn't end...Even getting to the other side, you still worry about so much..

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete