Friday, March 11, 2011

No more blood!

Hm, so I have no idea what happened on Sunday...but it hasn't come back! And I had an US on wednesday and apple and banana are doing great. Although, I must vent. My RI has the best US tech, I love her (although her room is the hottest ever). Well I got a call from the nurse to see if I could move my Ivig and US to weds when I knew she wasn't there when I scheduled with her two weeks ago. I thought maybe her plans changed. Oh no-she wasn't there. It was a different tech that was not good. The word sucked come to mind! She only got one measurement of everything, used more gel than I've ever seen, took forever to get the blood flow (granted it usually takes awhile), and I got NO PICTURES! I'm not sure who she is, but I will make sure to not see her again. She was worse than the tech who get "bouncing" banana with the wand to make her turn to see her face. I did not like that.

And-the best thing-I'm at 24 weeks tomorrow! Yeah! Viability. Although I hope to make it months past tomorrow, it is a good milestone to reach. It's a comfort zone for me. It lets me actually work on the nursery, wash some baby clothes from my son (man he had a lot of clothes)! Now if only I could pick names. Everyone keeps asking. I don't know why, but it feels weird to pick a name. I want to see them first. Of course I want to have ideas, but I like calling them apple and banana while still inside. Maybe it's just me.

It's like my son saying, why are you doing all this stuff-they're not alive yet. Freaked me out the first time he did it. I had to remind myself that to him, they are just pictures. It's weird for me to sometimes think about them being born, for him, it's nothing he's experienced before. He will soon though! Only three more months!

1 comment:

  1. woot for 24 weeks!! That stinks about the u/s tech! Those u/s's make everything more real and it stinks when the tech rushes through or doesn't acknowledge how important they are.

    ReplyDelete