Saturday, March 12, 2011

24 weeks-Viability

Wow-24 weeks-wow! I was just reading a blog of a mom who just gave birth to her twins at 24 weeks. The miracle of modern medicine is amazing. My babies would have a chance. A darn good chance. Of course I'm hoping for many, many more weeks (you hear that apple and banana!) But I know that they would be OK if something were to happen. And the further I get, the even more monitoring I get. I currently have 2 OB's, 2 MFM's, 1 RI and they all want to see me every two weeks. But it is bringing me to the realization that I've got to decide who's gonna deliver me. I think the deciding factor is the better hospital. One hospital is level 2 NICU, the other level 3. Gotta go with the better NICU.

But today I celebrate. Viability. Maybe I'll even be brave enough to do my first belly shot. I hate them, but seeing as though this may be my final pregnancy, I don't want to miss anything.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go!

    Every day they stay will just help them more in the end.

    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete