Friday, March 18, 2011

Just cruising along...

Things continue to go well. I just had an US yesterday and apple measured 1#9oz, and banana measured 1#10oz. It seems to go back and forth who baby is bigger. I know last time banana was a little smaller.

I felt it was a good time seeing as things are going well to outline my treatments for this pregnancy to help anyone out here who is in RPL hell. Of course this isn't the answer for everyone, but it's a start if RPL is ruining your life.

So, for this pregnancy I am doing the following protocol:
  1. Ivig - I am getting a 35g dose every other week, was every week and also 70g every other week depending on Natural Killer Cell levels. This is the most important thing I could be doing. Everyone needs to try it.
  2. P.rednisone - I am currently down to 7.5mg, but was at 20mg/day at the beginning
  3. L.ovenox - I only get 40mg every other day as my clotting issues are minor
  4. A.moxicillin - I was diagnosed with chronic Lyme disease last year. Here is some more info about it. Please get tested if you are unsure. I feel so much better and I'm not thru treatment yet. http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf
  5. Z.ithromax - See above for Lyme disease info.
  6. Gluten, dairy, and sugar-free - This has been crucial to my success. I believe that many current health issues are due to our diet. I hope to follow the Paleo diet strictly after my pregnancy. It is the healthiest diet there is. I'm just too hungry now to completely eliminate grains for now. I like this blogger's posts about the subject as he gives proof why this diet works. http://thehealthyskeptic.org/
So, that's my story in a nutshell. I see many doctors to help manage this pregnancy and some believe the others are crazy. But I find the best doctors are those that give them some credit, even if they don't agree with it. And always look for a doctor with "DO" (doctor of osteopathy). I have three of them and I like them a lot. They tend to be more open minded. And don't be afraid to switch doctors. You owe them nothing. It is your body, your health. Do what you need to do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment