Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Good Ultrasound/Bad News

So I had my US yesterday, and I love the US tech. The reproductive doc I'm seeing only sees high-risk, multiple loss women, so the whole staff knows how high-strung we are. So the first thing she says, is there's the HB's! Then they measured great at 170BPM. There is a bleed that they think is causing the spotting, so I get to be on bed rest already. I have a feeling that's going to be a recurring theme for this pregnancy. Hey, I'm actually planning for the future of this one. Let's just say I'm hopeful. Ivig is the wonder drug, and I'm getting more tomorrow.
Now the bad news. Dr. Kwak says because my ANA's are positive, and very high (1280 titer), it will be an uphill battle. Not an impossible one, just uphill. But I like battles. I'm a good fighter. And my babies will have to start out being fighters themselves. They've come this far. Just a little further to go. I see a safety net in our future soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment