Friday, November 19, 2010

The best doctor in the world!

Thank you to everyone who commented on my last post. Some of you I read, some I can't wait to check out and follow. I am a blogger addict. I love to follow people and hear their stories. I'm just not good at commenting. Too shy I guess. But now that I know what a difference a comment can make, I may just start more.

Now on to my appointment today. Still two heartbeats! Yeah!!! Double yeah! I am now seeing one of the leading reproductive immunologists, Dr, Kwak-Kim. And she is the best. Every single woman dealing with infertility, recurrent loss, one loss, high risk pregnancy-should see her. She is a welcome change from the usual doc who thinks you have "bad luck" or it was "meant to be". She used to study under Dr. Alan Beer and still does leading research into the immunologic cause of miscarriage. She has me on a regimen of Metanx (prescription folic acid), baby aspirin, prednisone, progesterone in oil and IVIG. She wants to be as aggressive as possible. That is great. A huge change from my last pregnancy when my other reproductive immunologist did nothing. Ran two tests, and prescribed nothing. And I lost the pregnancy. Enough said. Dr. Kwak said the same thing. So-tomorrow I've got to try and get IVIG covered by insurance and get that "miracle drug" pumping. It's got lives to save!

No comments:

Post a Comment