Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Stupid Q.uest!

So I've got to have my blood drawn fairly regularly to check all my levels (NK, progesterone, etc) and I wanted to save myself a 3 hour trip, so my RI's office said I could just go to Q.uest and then ship it to them. Costs a little, but saves 3 hours! So I get there and they're like-where's your kit? Um, don't have one, just give me the tubes full of blood and I'll be on my way. Well, we usually have the person bring the tubes and a box. Can you give me the tubes? Yes, it will be $4. OK. Well, we won't let you ship it without a box. I have a box. Let me check with corporate. They say no. So now I've got to drive 3 hours for a 2 minute jab. Q.uest sucks!

1 comment:

  1. Major Bummer:(((( I used to get my blood drawn at our local hospital....I would go there with the instruction sheet/order sheet...they would draw the blood and handle all the shipping/packaging and my insurance covered it the same as if I was having it drawn at Dr.Kwaks office...For a long time I would got to Dr.Kwaks once a week so I would get my blood drawn when I was there but once I started coming once a week I would sometimes have to do that with the NK cells...Also my OB used to ask me a ton about my Progesterone to and then at one point I had to go on Estrogen and he really asked about that but I know Dr.Kwak knows best and I always followed her advice/direction over anybody:)

    ReplyDelete