Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Updates, updates...

I have missed so much, I am a bad, bad blogger. I am officially in the third trimester. How great is that. And I'm now at 32 weeks. Only 6 weeks to go. 6 weeks-doesn't seem real. Seems, I don't know, like someone else is going to have twins in June. I still see other pregnant woman and a tiny twinge of jealousy and then I realize, wait, that's me too. Although now that I'm very obviously showing, I can't say I'm a fan of all the "helpful" comments. I know people are just excited or happy or friendly, but it's weird to me to ask a stranger, "when are you due", "do you know what you're having". It's just such an invasion of privacy. I always just answer, I don't mind telling people, it's just weird. And then there was the lady at the grocery store who told me of her story to start labor. Have sex. Yes, I know that is one of those things you can try, but who tells a random customer that at work? It was just weird. I know we're all full of these stories, but I can't say I will be sad when I don't have to endure them. And then when the babies are here, I'll get all sorts of other annoying comments. Now on to baby updates...

I had my first biophysical profile last friday and it was nice. They measure a couple of things, I know one is amniotic fluid level and another is that the baby is practicing breathing. Apple passed with flying colors, but it did take Banana a little while to pass. Then they sent me to the hospital for a Non-Stress Test. They just strap HB monitors to your belly and make sure they have a certain number of acceleration in a certain time. The trick with twins is that they have to be at the same time. Not exactly the same time, but the same time period. So it seemed one monitor would be positioned fine and then the other baby would move or the monitor would move, so it took a good 1.5 hours. And I didn't know I was going to have to go to the hospital, so I had appointments and errands I had to do. I've got another one tomorrow, so hopefully, it will go better now that I know what to expect.

And then this morning I get a call to schedule my c-section! AH! It was from the office that is doing the BPP's, but not the one who is even going to do the delivery, but I couldn't tell them that on the phone. So right now I have a c-section date of June 21st @ 10:30. It's next month. Like, the next one. Coming up. Soon. I am so ready to meet these amazing babies of mine, but I'm not ready for it to be here. I know that makes no sense, but I don't know how to explain it. I'm not really nervous (except for the twin delivery part-I'm worried they won't get to banana quick enough or something, I don't know), I guess I just can't believe my dream is about to come true. I am so darn lucky. Double lucky.

1 comment: